Head of chair: Prof. Goran Petreski, PhD
Secretary of chair: Prof. Suzana Makreshanska Mladenovska, PhD
1. Knowledge and understandings
The specialized knowledge in field of finances and banking will enable the students to:
2. Implementing the knowledge and understandings
After graduating from this department, the students should be qualified to work as:
3. Ability for assessment
· Students demonstrate skills for collecting, analyzing and interpretation of financial information for both national and global economy.
· Students have capabilities for applying contemporary theories in conceptualizing and solving practical problems in finance and banking.
· Students are able to use quantitative tools for analyzing the phenomena in financial markets, banking, and macroeconomy.
4. Communication skills
· Students show ability to communicate with other participants in group decision-making.
· Students show ability for independent participation in specific interdisciplinary discussions. They are able to give critical and objective arguments on a wide array of real-world financial matters.
5. Skills of learning
· Students demonstrate skills for learning – concentration, reading, listening, and efficient presentation of the results.
· Students demonstrate skills for critical and creative thinking, for generating new ideas.
|First year compulsory courses|
|1||ECN 110||Principle of Economics||6+0||8|
|2||MST 110||Mathematics for Business||4+2||8|
|3||АCC 110||Principles of Accounting||4+2||8|
|4||MST 120||Statistics for Business and Economy||4+2||8|
|Second year compulsory courses|
|1||ACC 210||Financial Accounting||6+0||8|
|3||FIN 230||Public Finance||6+0||8|
|4||FIN 210||Financial Markets and Institutions||6+0||8|
|5||FIN 220||Monetary economics||6+0||8|
|Third year compulsory courses|
|1||MGT 390||Financial Management||6+0||8|
|2||FIN 310||International Finance||6+0||8|
|3||FIN 330||Personal Finance||6+0||8|
|4||FIN 340||Management of Financial Institutions||6+0||8|
|Fourth year compulsory courses|
|1||INT 430||Monetary and Fiscal Policy in the EU||6+0||8|
|2||FIN 410||Bank management||6+0||8|
|3||MST 320||Quantitative Methods in Finance||4+2||8|
|4||FIN 420||Securities and Portfolio Management||6+0||8|
|5||FIN 430||Local finance||6+0|