The purpose of the Post-graduate study program in the field of European Studies is to enable students to gain in-depth knowledge of European studies and gain specific skills for applying this knowledge in practice. In order to achieve these goals the study program elaborates the theoretical aspects in this field, focusing on their practical application.
By adopting the knowledge of this study program, the student is expected to demonstrate the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
Knowledge and understanding:
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the current aspects of the regional integration process, with particular focus on the processes within the European Union.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the current aspects of the common policies of the European Union.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the practices, policies and regulations of the European Union due to the need to harmonize the national legislation and practice of the Republic of North Macedonia with the European Union legislation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the European business environment and ways to enhance the competitiveness of our companies on the European market by choosing a suitable strategy compatible with modern international business practices.
Applying knowledge and understanding:
- Successfully interprets developments in regional integration processes, especially within the European Union;
- Uses the knowledge to take a critical view of the strengths and weaknesses of the common policies of the European Union;
- Professionally uses the knowledge to undertake the necessary reforms to be implemented in the country in order to obtain the status of full EU member;
- Apply knowledge of the European business environment in order to increase the competitiveness of domestic companies to appear on the Internal European Market.
- Demonstrates the ability to draw a conclusion or opinion on the advantages and disadvantages of the regional integration process;
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze, evaluate and present information on major EU common policies and proposed solutions within them;
- Demonstrated ability to assess the necessary reform steps in the country to obtain full EU member status;
- Demonstrates the ability to identify opportunities to raise the competitiveness of domestic companies for entry into the Internal European Market.
- Has the ability to communicate professionally with other professionals in the field, as well as with representatives of the institutions of the system;
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a professional team engaged in EU integration related projects;
- Demonstrates ability for independent participation in scientific and professional discussions as well as participation in scientific and research projects;
- Has the critical ability to propose measures and solutions to changes in conditions in the European business environment.
- Has the ability to analyze, understand, memorize and research European integration content;
- Has the ability to properly organize and use time;
- Has the ability to critically analyze and generate ideas to solve everyday practice problems;
- Demonstrates interest in continuing education and professional development at higher education levels.
Master in European Studies.