Course objectives (competences):
Upon completion of course instruction and successful passing of the examination, students should be competent for:
- To learn about key aspects of accounting for governmental and nonprofit organizations;
- To focus on more detailed knowledge of the laws and professional regulations in financial reporting in the public sector;
- To gain knowledge about the content of budget and fund accounting, budget process, performance measurement and financial reporting;
- To gain knowledge that can serve as a solid basis in preparing and submitting financial reports for governmental and nonprofit organizations, their review and decision-making skills;
- Develop and actively involved in national and international research projects in the field of accounting and financial reporting of governmental and nonprofit organizations.