- Investments as an analytical economic theory – analytical value in the macroeconomic analysis of development. Investments as a methodological toolkit in economic analysis.
- Motives and determinants of investing. Theories of volume and dynamics of investment (classical theory, accelerator theory, theories of rational expectations, Tobin’s theory, motives for investing in managerial theories).
- Investment and growth – investment functions.
- Sources of investment financing (basic and additional domestic and foreign, optimization of the cost of invested funds).
- Foreign direct investment – modern processes, determinants, development effects and policies.
- Investment balance, capital account, balance of the international investment position of the country.
- Assessment of the economic effectiveness of investments. Capital ratios – methodological and application aspects.
- Benefit-Cost analysis when evaluating projects of wider social significance (development, infrastructure and public sector projects).
- Country risk and investment climate.