Economics of investments
Assoc. prof. Aleksandar Naumoski
Course objectives (competences):
· to master the theoretical aspects of capital investments, capital formation, from a macroeconomic point of view, and the relation of investment to economic growth;
· understand the process of investing by business enterprises and investing by the public sector;
· to study and acquire knowledge in the preparation of investment studies – pre-investment study, investment (feasibility) study, and others;
· become familiar with the approaches of factor analysis for investment projects;
· to evaluate the efficiency of investment projects;
· to master the methodological investment decision – making toolkit – universal investment criteria, techniques and methods for their calculation;
· get acquainted with and apply some of the most well-known software for preparing investment studies and evaluating investment projects – UNIDO, World Bank, European Bank and others;
· to make a risk assessment of proposed investment projects.
The subject of the program is to provide theoretical and applied knowledge in the field of investment and investment process, preparation of investment studies, in particular the economic elaborate, evaluation and selection of investment project and investment risk analysis.