The Faculty of Economics – Skopje through the Department of Accounting and Auditing, specifically through the course INTERNAL AUDIT, is listed in the renowned Internal Audit Academic Awareness Program of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). The Academic Awareness Program was established to recognize the varying degrees of commitment and effort that higher education institutions make to provide students with the information and skills necessary in choosing to pursue a career in the field of internal auditing.
Also, the course Internal Audit has been accredited by ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants). Accreditation brings great benefits to the students of the Faculty of Economics – Skopje. Thanks to the accreditation, they can receive exemptions from ACCA papers during their studies, thus greatly accelerating their path to ACCA membership.
Course objectives (competences):
Upon completion of course instruction and successful passing of the examination, students should be able to:
- Become familiar with key aspects of internal audit and its role in developing economies;
- Understand the professional and legal regulations imminent on internal audit;
- To develop the skills of professional judgment and application of professional skepticism;
- Gain insights into the basic steps of the internal audit process ranging from planning, examining and evaluating internal control through gathering and evaluating audit evidence, to summarizing findings, writing a report, and communicating with top business management;
- Gain insights into the methodological approach of internal auditors in conducting performance audits;
- Learn about the internal auditor’s approach to detecting fraud symptoms and their responsibility in preventing and detecting fraud.