|Course objectives (competences):|
After completing the course, the students should:
- Understand the process of designing and implementing of the monetary policy
- Be capable of evaluating the monetary policy signals and to predict future events
- Understand the relationship between monetary and macroeconomic variables
- Be capable of analyzing and predicting the effects of the monetary policy.
- Understand the money creation process, and to know what are the possible mechanisms at Central banks power for controlling the money supply.
- To know the monetary system structure and evolution