Course objectives (competences):
A successful completion of this course should enable students to:
- Understand the theoretical and methodological knowledge of national wealth and national accounts;
- Assess and analyse the basic macroeconomic aggregates, calculated with data from the system of national accounts, and their interrelations;
- Make themselves familiar with the progress in adjusting the Macedonian system of national accounts to the UN system of national accounts, and with the situation in our economy;
- Realise the possibilities for use of the system of national accounts for predicting, planning, economic analysis and decision making processes.
The contents of this course should help students understand and master the material regarding national accounts. In this context, a special attention is paid to the following issues:
- Theoretical and methodological aspects of national wealth, its scope, dynamics, structural changes and its role in economic analyses;
- GDP and other measures of economic activity, income and welfare;
- Basic concepts and elements of the system of national accounts;
- The system of national accounts of the UN;
- Main types of accounts;
- Input- output tables and social accounts matrices;
- Satellite accounts;
- Application and perspectives of the system of national accounts;
- The system of national accounts in the Republic of Macedonia.