Course objectives (competences): Course objectives (competences): The objective of the course Organizational Behavior is to provide students with in-depth knowledge of organizational behavior and specific skills for applying this knowledge in practice. To achieve these goals, the course program will elaborate on the theoretical aspects of organizational behavior and then focus on their practical application.
By adopting the knowledge of this course program, students will be able to:
- Understand why the theory has different concepts for people’s behavior in the organization and why ethical behavior in the organization should be developed;
- Know how to position people in the organizational structure;
- Respect and develop leadership as a very important dimension of the management profession and become true leaders for individuals and groups in the organization;
- Support and understand ethical behavior in the workplace and in communicating with people as a precondition for increasing job satisfaction and reducing stress;
- Understand and stimulate work motivation;
- Know how power is distributed in the organization, why it exists and how political processes should be organized in it;
- Understand why organizational culture is important and its continuous improvement;
- · Understand why the acceptance of organizational change and organizational development are the only ways for the organization to survive in modern times.