Postgraduate studies are organized in two semesters. During the studies, 7 subjects have to be passed. For that purpose, lectures, continuous examination and assessment are organized, and then a master’s thesis should be prepared. The number of classes for regular and mentoring classes is determined by the number of registered students.
The aim of the study program is to enable students to gain modern and in-depth knowledge in the field of public sector management and administration, policy analysis and relations with other sectors related to the public sector, as well as specific skills for applying these knowledge in practice.
By acquiring the knowledge, the student is expected to demonstrate the following knowledge, abilities and skills.
Knowledge and understanding:
- To understand and apply the latest knowledge on public sector management and develop the creative attitude necessary for their effective implementation in practice;
- To demonstrate knowledge of the structuring, functioning and development of the public sector, as well as the importance of organizational change as a prerequisite for a higher level of efficiency;
- To know the necessary skills of public sector managers in order to improve the quality of public services;
- To understand the drivers and factors of public sector reform;
- To demonstrate knowledge of the need to enhance cooperation and active partnership with the business sector;
Application of knowledge and understanding:
- Raising the level of management and governance of the public sector;
- Training of professional staff in order to be capable for analyzing and predicting future trends and changes in economic factors relevant for the public sector;
- Application of modern methods to stimulate local economic development.
Ability to assess:
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and draw conclusions about the studied conditions and phenomena and to find appropriate solutions;
- Developing teamwork and communication skills applicable in a variety of situations;
- Ability to apply modern research methods and techniques.
- Ability to communicate ideas and harmonize in teamwork;
- Ability to evaluate and present information based on the results obtained.
- Ability to successfully learn theoretical concepts, to apply techniques and methodologies in specific scientific areas and to identify needs for further upgrading of the acquired knowledge;
- Possibility of participation in group discussions, critical analysis of theoretical and practical aspects in everyday work and for the preparation and presentation of completed projects.
Qualification acquired: Master of Economics – Public Sector Management.
Students can enroll in doctoral studies organized by the Faculty of Economics in Skopje, or at international universities abroad.