The purpose of the study program of the second cycle of studies – accounting and auditing is continuous education of highly educated and competent staff who will have general knowledge of accounting science and profession and its role in providing high quality professional services to the interested wider public.
The study program of the second cycle of studies – Accounting and Auditing is lasting 2 years or 4 semesters and includes the preparation of a master’s thesis.
The structure of the subjects is as follows:
- Eight compulsory subjects determined by the study program according to study semesters (maximum 60% of the total number of envisaged subjects)
- Four elective subjects determined by the study program according to study semesters (30% of the total number of envisaged elective courses from the list of the Faculty of Economics – Skopje)
- Two elective subjects (10% of the total number of envisaged courses) from the List of courses determined by the University “Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje
The number of classes for regular classes and mentoring classes is determined by the number of registered students.
- To provide a theoretical basis and practical skills for recognizing and understanding the requirements of extraordinarily complex and global accounting environment;
- To get acquainted with the basic principles of the organization, the different approaches to management control and modern methods and techniques for internal reporting on the results of management accounting;
- Understanding the nature, content and form of external reporting and management’s responsibility to owners and other users of financial information (state and regulatory bodies, creditors, business partners, employees, NGOs and non-profit organizations, etc.);
- Assist in understanding the role of the audit profession in increasing the credibility of the financial statements of companies, state-owned enterprises and institutions, as well as understanding its contribution to improving control and resource use;
- To provide additional knowledge in the field of finance and corporate financing as well as the implementation and use of computer applications for external and internal reporting purposes.
- Higher and specialized staff education interested in building a career in the field of financial reporting in accordance with the requirements of IFRS, audit of financial statements of companies, internal audit in banks and other financial and non-financial organizations, state audit, management, financial and tax consulting , as well as other professional accounting services.
- Easier access to membership in the accounting and auditing profession at home and internationally through the compatibility of the program with the requirements of international educational standards.
In accordance with the mission and objectives of the second cycle study program in Accounting and Auditing, students will gain the following generic competencies:
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and critically research data, facts and find the most favorable solution;
- Ability to connect theoretical and practical knowledge;
- Ability to read, understand and interpret international professional regulations properly;
- Ability to apply and act in accordance with international professional regulation and ethics;
- Compiling financial statements of all companies, private and public sector, as part of their legal obligations.
More specifically, students will gain the following specific competencies:
- Compiling financial reports of private sector entities in accordance with International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Preparation of financial statements of public sector units in accordance with the International Accounting Standards for the Public Sector;
- Compiling various internal reports and analyzes in accordance with the strategy of the companies in order to make the right decisions;
- Analyzing financial statements in order to make a decision was either for lending or for investing in certain companies;
- Performing audit of companies that are required by law;
- Carrying out a state audit in all users of the Budget and units of local self-government;
- Successfully managing entities’ finances and making the right financial decisions;
- Measuring the success of entities, their profitability and profitability by giving directions and recommendations for their improvement;
- Using information systems as an integral part of modern accounting trends;
- Examination of entity fraud;
- Establish a system of internal controls and monitor their functioning and make recommendations for their improvement.
- Able to observe and identify important conditions and trends in the internal and external environment of the enterprise, to analyze and synthesize and draw conclusions about the analyzed conditions and phenomena.
- Developing and enhancing teamwork skills, leadership and communication skills applicable in different enterprises and situations;
- Able to identify information needs and manage information and knowledge in organizations in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness in operations and create competitive advantages.
- Able to communicate with ideas and harmonize in teamwork;
- Capable of evaluating and presenting information on the basis of the results obtained.
- Able to successfully master theoretical concepts, to apply techniques and methodologies in specific scientific fields and to identify the needs for further upgrading of the acquired knowledge;
- Has the ability to participate in group discussions, critically analyze theoretical and practical aspects of the operation of enterprises, to develop and present the developed projects;
- Able to express knowledge by answering different types of questions and analyzing specific case studies from business practice.
Qualification Obtained: Master Of Science In Accounting and Auditing.