BSc Accounting and Auditing study program has been accredited by ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants). Accreditation brings great benefits to the students of the Faculty of Economics – Skopje who want to continue their professional development in the field of accounting, auditing, finance, and management of the largest and fastest-growing global body for professional accountants – ACCA.
The purpose of the study programme of Accounting and Auditing is to enable students to gain in-depth knowledge in accounting and auditing and specific application skills in practice. To achieve these goals, the study programme elaborates on the theoretical aspects of this area, focusing on their practical application.
The Bachelor of Accounting and Auditing in Economics is trained in the application of recording techniques and analysis of the effects of transactions involving private and public sector organizations; is able to verify the reliability of transactions and the effects of transactions in the internal and external reports of the organization and is able to analyze the factors that affect the financial results in the operation. Accordingly, the jobs where these graduates can be employed are companies from the private and public sectors, public institutions and public administration, civil society organizations, and other institutions.
By completing this study programme, the student is expected to demonstrate the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
Knowledge and Understanding
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, assumptions, standards and legislation and the features of modern accounting practice whose purpose is to prepare information for different user groups.
- Knowledge of cost accounting methods, techniques for short and long term decision making, different methods of valuation of inventory and other aspects of business decision making;
- Knowledge of the audit process, the professional responsibility of the auditors, and the content and significance of the reports of internal and external auditors.
Application of Knowledge and Understanding
- Apply the theoretical principles for accounting records of different types of economics events across different types of entities and institutions.
- Analyze financial information, calculates performance indicators and interprets the various aspects of operations based on available reports.
- Professional judgment in the application of relevant professional and legal regulations for financial reporting and auditing in connection with the performance of audit engagements or preparation of financial statements for external purposes.
- Demonstrates the ability to synthesize conclusions and deliver professional opinion based on available accounting information.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess the quality of financial statements prepared in the context of the regulatory framework.
- Demonstrates problem analytics as well as the ability to apply accounting assessments in the preparation of financial statements, valuation of the operations of enterprises as a whole, identifying and quantifying financial and business risks, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with management, audit firm client, employees, creditors, representatives of state institutions and agencies. Works efficiently like a team member, possesses confidentiality, unobtrusive behavior, critical thinking, understands and respects cultural differences.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate and transfer accounting issues to persons with different educational profiles, experience and communication styles.
- Understands human behavior, value systems, elements and components of communication, listening skills, open communication, time management, and stress.
- Demonstrates learning skills – reading and listening, visualizing, checking through practical examples, simplifying variations.
- Demonstrates ability for active learning, availability for learning through practice and provide services to the wider business community.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify own needs and interests for graduate studies in the various areas of accounting and finance.
Qualification Obtained: Bachelor of Accounting and Auditing.