Graduates of the study program in International Trade have profound knowledge in the area of international trade, as well as with specific skills for application of this knowledge in practice.
Qualification awarded: Bachelor of Economics/International Trade.
Graduates of the study program in International Trade are capable to take part in macroeconomic policy making in the field of international trade and foreign exchange system. They recognize the need, and have the knowledge to contribute in the harmonization of the national policies in the sphere of international trade with the established rules within the multilateral trading system, and with the rules of the European Union. Students also gain theoretical knowledge on conducting macroeconomic analysis related to balance of payments, identification of the sources of imbalances, and the characteristics of the available instruments for restoring of the balance. Accordingly graduates of the study program can apply the gained knowledge through employment in the public sector – such as ministries and state agencies, the National Bank or the Customs Administration, but also in the private sector – companies registered for foreign trade, freight forwarding companies, transport companies, insurance companies as well as banks authorized for payment operations.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Students should demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the basic rules of functioning of the international economy, of the multilateral trading system and of the international financial institutions.
- Students should demonstrate knowledge on the advantages and weaknesses of different theoretical conceptions that explain the economic measures and instruments of the applied foreign trade policy in different countries.
- Students should demonstrate knowledge on the characteristics of the instruments of foreign trade policy and exchange rate policy in order to be able to detect and analyze the effects that these instruments have upon the foreign trade exchange of goods and the balance of payments.
- Students should demonstrate knowledge on and understanding of the actual trends of regional integration processes in the world, especially in Europe, and their influence upon the contemporary business practices.
- Students should demonstrate knowledge on how to deal with individually established businesses in the contemporary business environment.
Application of Knowledge and Understanding
- Students should be able to apply analytical instruments to measure the advantages and weaknesses of different theoretical conceptions.
- Students should be able to successfully interpret trends and tendencies in international economics and differences of foreign trade policy and foreign exchange rate policy, as well as the influence of international financial institutions.
- Students should be able to professionally apply the instruments of the multilateral trading system in order to support foreign trade and exchange rate policy.
- Students should be able to apply the knowledge of real effects of regional integration processes in order to contribute to the successful integration of the Republic of Macedonia in CEFTA-2006 and in the European Union.
- Students should be able to pursue contemporary business practices.
- Students should demonstrate ability for critical analysis of proposed solutions and measures by important international organizations and institutions connected with the regulation of international economic relations.
- Students should demonstrate ability of collecting, analyzing, assessing and presenting information on important aspects of selected foreign trade policies by different national economies.
- Students should demonstrate ability of combining the instruments of the foreign trade and the exchange rate system.
- Students should demonstrate ability of undertaking further steps in the process of accession and harmonization of Republic of Macedonia in the European integration processes.
- Students should demonstrate ability of recognizing possibilities for developing successful businesses in the contemporary international environment.
- Students should have ability of professional communication with other professionals in the field.
- Students should demonstrate ability of efficient functioning as part of a professional team.
- Students should demonstrate ability of independent participation in scientific and professional discussions, as well as, participating in scientific and research projects.
- Students should obtain ability of critical analysis of the international environment and of proposing measures for solving concrete problems that businesses face in the contemporary world economy.
- Students should have ability to adjust and to accept contemporary business rules.
- Students should have ability of analyzing, understanding, memorizing and researching different fields of international economics.
- Students should demonstrate interest of active participation in different additional forms and types of learning.
- Students should demonstrate ability of appropriate and successful time management.
- Students should demonstrate ability of critical analysis and generating ideas in order to solve problems in everyday practice.
- Students should demonstrate interest for continuing education and professional development on higher educational levels.